Stock Management and Warehousing
Stocks of spare parts are held by NSPA for its customers at its main site in Capellen (Luxembourg) to support certain weapon systems. A small fee is charged for this depending on quantities and turnover. Stocks consist of items needed for routine repairs or direct exchange items – which are issued when another item of the same type is returned for refurbishment or maintenance. Test equipment is also held. Stocks also include suitable substitute items and special parts for the modification, renewal or extension of the life of operational equipment.
NSPA's stock management system permits quick identification of the correct item using NATO Stock Numbers or other means of identification such as weapon system application codes, end item application codes, reparability codes, shelf-life type and design authority details, etc.
Some obsolete, excess or surplus items are also held for a certain time, prior to sale, disposal or other action in accordance with a stock purification procedure.
Detailed catalogues of stocked items, such as Weapon and Electronic System Stock Lists (WSSL / ESSL), are published on an annual basis.
For further information please contact :
- Alliance Future Surveillance and Control (AFSC)
- Supply management and automation
- Maintenance, repair, engineering and calibration
- Naval Logistics Support
- Random Brokerage
- NATO Logistics Stock Exchange (NLSE)
- General Procurement Shared Services (GPSS)
- Demilitarization, Dismantling, and Disposal
- NATO Trust Fund projects
- Environmental Protection and Energy Efficiency Services
- Logistics Data Management
- NSPA User Manual – Requisitioning
- Logistics Documentation Support
- Configuration Management
- NSPA Routing Hub
- BASELOG Codification Programme
- NATO Codification Support
- Interactive Electronic Technical Publications (IETPs)
- NATO Master Catalogue of References for Logistics (NMCRL)
- Electronic NATO Ammunition DataBase (eNADB)
- Electronic Customer Information Sytem (eCIS)