Ammunition Procurement & Demilitarization
Ammunition procurement is one of the areas where substantial savings can be made by consolidating users’ requirements.
Any conventional ammunition may be procured, for land, air and navy use.
NSPA has in-house expertise for ammunition, also specifically for Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD) and Improvised Explosive Device Disposal (IEDD) purposes, Special Forces, less lethal ammunition, etc.
NSPA arranges for the transportation of ammunition directly from the producer to each customer.
NSPA does not store ammunition at any of its facilities at any time.
NSPA has developed the electronic NATO Ammunition Data Base (eNADB). This secure online access web-based product contains technical and logistics details on ammunition used by NATO and non-NATO nations. It is a valuable information source tool supporting ammunition operations.
NSPA lets contracts on behalf of its customers for the disposal of surplus ammunition holdings, monitoring these contracts until completion. Particular care is exercised when selecting the contractor to ensure that only environmentally responsible disposal processes are used.
In some instances, materials recovered in the demilitarization process have a commercial value that can considerably offset the cost of the operation, to the benefit of NSPA customers.
NSPA demilitarization projects cover all types of conventional ammunition. Capabilities also exist to support certain varieties of special material, such as:
- Cluster ammunition
- White phosphorus ammunition
- Depleted uranium ammunition
For further information please contact :
In addition to projects for NATO nations, NSPA also undertakes demilitarization activities under the PfP Trust Fund projects. Information about these projects can be obtained from the .
- Alliance Future Surveillance and Control (AFSC)
- Supply management and automation
- Maintenance, repair, engineering and calibration
- Naval Logistics Support
- Random Brokerage
- NATO Logistics Stock Exchange (NLSE)
- General Procurement Shared Services (GPSS)
- Demilitarization, Dismantling, and Disposal
- NATO Trust Fund projects
- Environmental Protection and Energy Efficiency Services
- Logistics Data Management
- NSPA User Manual – Requisitioning
- Logistics Documentation Support
- Configuration Management
- NSPA Routing Hub
- BASELOG Codification Programme
- NATO Codification Support
- Interactive Electronic Technical Publications (IETPs)
- NATO Master Catalogue of References for Logistics (NMCRL)
- Electronic NATO Ammunition DataBase (eNADB)
- Electronic Customer Information Sytem (eCIS)