NSPA General Services Programme Re-certified to ISO 14001 Environmental Management Standard
20 November 2013
NSPA’s General Services Programme (LG) was re-certified for ISO 14001:2004 on 31 October 2013, in recognition of the Programme’s dedication and outstanding record of achievement in its Environmental Management Systems (EMS).
The certification is based on a continuously-monitored standard and acknowledges the programme’s commitment to reducing its impact on the environment for its services and the activities on behalf of the customers. The certification was originally awarded to the General Services Programme in 2011 and is a reflection of its on-going commitment to preserving and protecting the environment.
The programme constantly monitors global developments and trends in the field of environmental protection to develop strategies to control and minimize the environmental impact of all its activities. Listed below are several examples from the current projects revealing the advantages of implementing the ISO 14001 standard:
- the destruction of pesticides and dangerous chemicals in the Republic of Moldova reduces the risk of contamination of the environment and removes a serious threat to the health of the population;
- the use of LED lighting instead of fluorescent lights in deployable camps reduces the energy consumption;
- the demilitarization of ammunition containing depleted uranium, thereby reducing the health and other risks from exposure to radioactive materials;
- the procurement of low sulphur fuel oil for use by naval forces reduces air pollution.
The re-certification validates the program’s continued vigilance on environmental protection and shows to the customers that NSPA is committed to providing services of the highest quality while preserving the environment.
Some leaflets about NSPA are available for downloading (PDF format)
- Ammunition Support
- Calibration Services
- electronic NATO Ammunition DataBase
- Environmental Protection Services
- Force Protection Activities
- NDSS Support Services
- Random Brokerage Services
- Support to Navies
- System Performance Check
- Technical Data Management
- Support for NATO CIS
- Central Software Management
- ISAF Redeployment Support Capabilities
- Multimodal Transportation Capabilities
- Warehousing Capabilities