The CEPS offers the following services:
Transport: multi product, 24/7 transport through its 5279 kms of pipeline
- Aviation fuel-banking system, storage and transport.
- Diesel, gasoline, domestic fuel, naphtha - point-to-point transportation only.
Specifications for both civil and military aviation fuel are unified permitting storage and transport of only one type of aviation fuel, namely JET A-1. Once a customer enters fuel into the network, delivery can begin almost immediately at any off-take point (banking system).
The CEPS transports and delivers the equivalent of approximately 1200 trucks on the roads, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year over an average distance of 350 km. Use of the pipeline system in densely populated areas frees up local roads without polluting the environment.
Storage: A volume capacity over 1 million m3
In 36 depots, 6 of which are exclusively for non-military use in France. Most depots are equipped with truck/rail loading stations.
Product Quality Control
- Product analysis is carried out systematically at entry and delivery points. Samples are also retrieved and controlled during transport and storage.
- Means: modern, internationally certified laboratories, standard methods and testing equipment.
- Highly qualified and experienced laboratory technicians.
- Buried underground, pipelines are well concealed in the surrounding countryside.
- Systematic external control is conducted by aerial and ground inspections. Internal maintenance by scraping and control of the system by instrumented pigging.