NSPA provides laboratory and field calibration services on standards and on precision measuring and test equipment deployed within European NATO countries up to Secondary Reference Level.
The following facilities and services are available in the NSPA Calibration Branch:
The NSPA-NATO Reference Laboratory (NATO’s only reference laboratory), where primary calibration standards are maintained, under strict technical control and environmental conditions, to provide the measurement traceability required by the Calibration Mobile Teams and the Precision Measurement Equipment Laboratory (PMEL).
The NSPA-NATO Reference Laboratory is an ISO/IEC 17025 Accredited Laboratory. Details about this Accreditation and the respective Technical Scope are available at www.portail-qualite.public.lu.
- Mobile Calibration Teams, which transport various sets of secondary transfer standards on-site, either in mobile laboratories or in specially designed containers, to be used on a scheduled or ad hoc basis.
- A Precision Measurement Equipment Laboratory (PMEL), located at Geilenkirchen (Germany), which provides direct calibration support to all the Test, Measurement and Diagnostic Equipment (TMDE) belonging to the NAEW E-3A Component.
- Test and repair services to support all NSPA and customer standards and precision measuring and test equipment. A spare parts stock, library and technical documentation and records support the work of the facility and are drawn upon to satisfy requests for repair and technical assistance from NATO member countries and bodies.
- Management of the Unified Electromagnetic Environmental Effects (UE3) Protection Team, which comes under the operational control of another NATO body – the NATO Communications and Information Agency (NCIA).
For further information please click on NSPA Calibration Services or contact:
- Alliance Future Surveillance and Control (AFSC)
- Supply management and automation
- Maintenance, repair, engineering and calibration
- Naval Logistics Support
- Random Brokerage
- NATO Logistics Stock Exchange (NLSE)
- General Procurement Shared Services (GPSS)
- Demilitarization, Dismantling, and Disposal
- NATO Trust Fund projects
- Environmental Protection and Energy Efficiency Services
- Logistics Data Management
- NSPA User Manual – Requisitioning
- Logistics Documentation Support
- Configuration Management
- NSPA Routing Hub
- BASELOG Codification Programme
- NATO Codification Support
- Interactive Electronic Technical Publications (IETPs)
- NATO Master Catalogue of References for Logistics (NMCRL)
- Electronic NATO Ammunition DataBase (eNADB)
- Electronic Customer Information Sytem (eCIS)