BASELOG CONCEPT: ASSISTANCE TO ESTABLISH CODIFICATION CAPABILITIES
The NATO Group of National Directors (AC/135) has established the BASELOG, a programme to assist nations in implementing the NATO Codification System (NCS) and establishing National Codification Bureaus (NCBs). It is part of the sponsorship programme maintained by AC/135 in support of non-NATO partners.
The BASELOG Concept is available to new NATO countries, non-NATO nations that are officially sponsored by AC/135, and to NATO Partner Nations. (1)
TYPES OF ASSISTANCE:
Workshops and seminars are conducted to convey information about the NCS to nations that are considering adopting this system and to discuss how the NCS may fit into a nation’s logistics concept. AC/135 may support such a requirement with a single representative, a few representatives or high level representation depending on the scope of the workshop or seminar.
If a single country can provide the type and degree of support required in order to meet the need, the detailed arrangements for investigation and implementation of the solution will be a matter for bilateral agreement between the client and NATO countries. Information about training capabilities of participating nations can be found under the AC/135 web site’s rubric "Training" at http://www.nato.int/structur/AC/135/main/links/training.htm.
FURTHER INFORMATION & SUBSCRIPTION PROCEDURE:
A country can initiate requests for support from the BASELOG programme through a simple request to the AC/135 Secretary at NSPA:
Cooperative Logistics Programme (LZ)
NATO Support Agency (NSPA)
FAX: +(352) 3063 4020
(1) Partner nations are nations having established a cooperation programme with NATO including Partnership for Peace (PfP), Mediterranean Dialogue (MD), Istanbul Cooperation Initiative (ICI) or other nations approved by NAC for cooperation with AC/135.
- Alliance Future Surveillance and Control (AFSC)
- Supply management and automation
- Maintenance, repair, engineering and calibration
- Naval Logistics Support
- Random Brokerage
- NATO Logistics Stock Exchange (NLSE)
- General Procurement Shared Services (GPSS)
- Demilitarization, Dismantling, and Disposal
- NATO Trust Fund projects
- Environmental Protection and Energy Efficiency Services
- Logistics Data Management
- Logistics Documentation Support
- Configuration Management
- NSPA Routing Hub
- BASELOG Codification Programme
- NATO Codification Support
- Interactive Electronic Technical Publications (IETPs)
- NATO Master Catalogue of References for Logistics (NMCRL)
- Electronic NATO Ammunition DataBase (eNADB)
- Electronic Customer Information Sytem (eCIS)
- Central Software Management (CSWM)