The Heron Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) is an operational fourth generation Medium-Altitude, Long-Endurance (MALE) system based on leading-edge technology with new fully automatic take-off and landing features.
It provides deep-penetration, wide-area, real-time intelligence to national agencies, theater commanders and operational echelons.
The Heron provides ample modular space (up to 250 kg) for customer-furnished equipment, is interoperable with other MALAT UAV systems and has demonstrated 52 hours of continuous flight.
The Heron is supported by NSPA in the following areas:
- Information exchange
NSPA is ready to undertake further logistic support tasks to include Technical Support, Publications and Maintenance / Upgrades as required by the user Nations.
NSPA does not stock weapon systems or ammunition in any of its facilities.
For further information please contact :
- Alliance Future Surveillance and Control (AFSC)
- Supply management and automation
- Maintenance, repair, engineering and calibration
- Naval Logistics Support
- Random Brokerage
- NATO Logistics Stock Exchange (NLSE)
- General Procurement Shared Services (GPSS)
- Demilitarization, Dismantling, and Disposal
- NATO Trust Fund projects
- Environmental Protection and Energy Efficiency Services
- Logistics Data Management
- NSPA User Manual – Requisitioning
- Logistics Documentation Support
- Configuration Management
- NSPA Routing Hub
- BASELOG Codification Programme
- NATO Codification Support
- Interactive Electronic Technical Publications (IETPs)
- NATO Master Catalogue of References for Logistics (NMCRL)
- Electronic NATO Ammunition DataBase (eNADB)
- Electronic Customer Information Sytem (eCIS)