GPS Satellite Navigation System
The NAVSTAR Global Positioning System (GPS) is a world-wide radio-navigation system formed by three segments: Space, Control and User.
The GPS Satellites (Space segment) generates specially-coded signals that can be processed by a GPS receiver (User segment), enabling it to compute position, velocity and time.
The GPS provides two services: Standard Positioning Service (SPS) and Precise Positioning Service (PPS). The first is delivered for civil and commercial uses, the second is reserved for the U.S. military and select government agency users.
NSPA is a Forward Intermediate Maintenance Facility authorized by the GPS Directorate to repair and demilitarize GPS User Equipment for military applications (PPS).
Within the NSPA Workshop there is a certified Class 2 facility with qualified personnel in which some type of receivers are currently repaired, and a large variety of receivers (incorporating security controlled Integrated Circuits) can be disposed.
In addition to repair and demilitarization activities, LM Programme is able to procure GPS equipment and services on behalf of the GPS Directorate.
NSPA does not stock weapon systems or ammunition in any of its facilities.
For further information please contact :
- Alliance Future Surveillance and Control (AFSC)
- Supply management and automation
- Maintenance, repair, engineering and calibration
- Naval Logistics Support
- Random Brokerage
- NATO Logistics Stock Exchange (NLSE)
- General Procurement Shared Services (GPSS)
- Demilitarization, Dismantling, and Disposal
- NATO Trust Fund projects
- Environmental Protection and Energy Efficiency Services
- Logistics Data Management
- NSPA User Manual – Requisitioning
- Logistics Documentation Support
- Configuration Management
- NSPA Routing Hub
- BASELOG Codification Programme
- NATO Codification Support
- Interactive Electronic Technical Publications (IETPs)
- NATO Master Catalogue of References for Logistics (NMCRL)
- Electronic NATO Ammunition DataBase (eNADB)
- Electronic Customer Information Sytem (eCIS)