NSPA facilitates contract award
23 October 2013
The NATO Support Agency Aviation Support Programme successfully managed the award of a contract to IBERIA as Prime Contractor to provide Integrated Logistics Support to a fleet of Italian Air Force governmental VIP aircraft.
The aircraft are three Italian Airbus A-319 Corporate Jets of the 31st VIP transport Wing who support the Italian presidential and governmental travel needs The contract, which stipulates a 96% serviceability rate, will initially run for three years and has a value of approximately €7 million per year.
The Contract includes :
- a Continuing Airworthiness Management Organization (CAMO) Service in accordance with EASA Part M Subpart G
- Scheduled Maintenance activities, material supply (12 hours availability in Europe and 36 hours worldwide)
- a permanent On-Site Technical Support service to support the NSPA-LA Technical Representative.
The contract kick-off meeting took place on 24 September at the 31st Wing Technical Support Centre in Italy and was attended by the Prime Contractor and Italian Air Force representatives along with NATO Support Agency staff. NSPA was represented by the Aviation Programme Contracting Officer Mr Cyrill Molinari and the programme Fixed Wing Aircraft Support Section Chief, Doctor Giorgio Dell’Oro with the customer being represented by Colonel Cristiano Bandini. Throughout the duration of the contract period, Major Roberto Chessa of the 31st Wing will be the NSPA Technical Representative.
The 31st Wing Commander, Colonel Girolamo Iadicicco, expressed his satisfaction with support provided by the NSPA and was particularly pleased with the fact that the time taken from the agreed Requisition/Statement of Work development up to Contract Award was only four months. Furthermore, as a result of the international competition carried out by NSPA, additional substantial savings were realized.
Some leaflets about NSPA are available for downloading (PDF format)
- Ammunition Support
- Calibration Services
- electronic NATO Ammunition DataBase
- Environmental Protection Services
- Force Protection Activities
- NDSS Support Services
- Random Brokerage Services
- Support to Navies
- System Performance Check
- Technical Data Management
- Support for NATO CIS
- Central Software Management
- ISAF Redeployment Support Capabilities
- Multimodal Transportation Capabilities
- Warehousing Capabilities